Good afternoon Cape Coral Employees, Physicians, Volunteers & Auxilians…
We have been feeling growth throughout the season and the past few years (up 26% in 2 years)! Our average daily census was:
• 170 in 2013
• 183 in 2014
• 215 in 2015
Leadership Huddle Report Out
Here are a few items we review in our bi-weekly Leadership Huddle based on our organizational goals.
Clinical Integration Financial Viability
- Avg. Length of Stay (ALOS) = 4.29 vs. Budget of 4.12 - Operating Margin % = 27.7% vs. 24.5% Budget
- Chest Pain LOS = 20 hours length of stay vs. 15 hour Goal - Productive Hours per Adjusted Admit = 87 vs.
- 30-day Readmission Rate = 11.55% compared to 12.4% Goal 88.6 prior yr. (Lower is more productive)
- Surgical Volume Growth = 610 cases compared to 639 Goal - Expense per Patient = $4,959 vs. $5,044 prior year
- Stroke Volume: 2013 = 294 compared to 480 in 2014.
• Lee Pharmacy at Cape Coral Hospital is open!
Lee Pharmacy at Cape Coral Hospital is a new, full-service prescription pharmacy that adds a welcome convenience for patients by allowing them to leave the hospital with prescriptions in hand. The new pharmacy is located in the main hallway of Cape Coral Hospital near the cafeteria. Lee Pharmacy at Cape Coral Hospital hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Happy National Laboratory Week: April 19 – April 25, 2015!
• Kudos to the OB Team. They will be presenting a poster at the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative Conference in Tampa the end of April. (See page 2 of Cape Pride)
• Happy Administrative Professionals Day!
I want to hear from you…
What priorities are you and your department working on specific to the Leadership Huddle Report Out?
The Board info link:
The Quarterly Leadership link: (for our Intranet only)